GIT Loggie Decks are manufactured as relaxing spaces not as a place of work.
Tips: For GIT Loggie decking
- Planning your decking project before starting construction can save time, money and effort.
- Consider your Loggie decking board pattern, such designs as Picture Frame, Tile and Herring bone will require different framing methods.
- Measure site, determine load capacity of the deck tacking into account heavy objects such as hot tubs, Planters Seating. Deck board span will have to be reduced with additional joist required. Lay out your post and joists plan .Consult with a local engineer or building inspector to ensure compliance with local building codes.
- Gas and wood fire pits and burners are not to be installed over decking. Install by cutting the decking to fit pit. Install a fire resistant material under the pit and ainstall a stone protective wall. Sparks and heat can damage the decking.
- Pre drill deck boards before screwing
- Ensure gap between deck board ends, post, walls and other solid structures.
- Substructure needs to be level and sound. Plane high spots
- Miter saw ( sharp fine tooth blade )
- Cordless drill and bits
- Power planer
- Chalk line ( use only dust of Marking Chalk lines not the permanent ones to prevent discoloration of the decking)
- Jig saw
- Safety equipment
- Tape measure
- Carpenters pencil
Job Site Storage
- When storing decking on site ensure the decking is not stored on the ground but a flat level surface. For stacking bundles use 2×4 sticking method beginning 6” from the end ,24” thereafter finish with 6 “ from the end .
- For stacking additional stacking use 2×4 sticking method lining up vertically
- Max stacking height is 5 bundles
- Always cover decking product on site until ready to use.
Maintaining and Cleaning
- For general dirt use hose and spray to remove. To remove stubborn areas using soft bristle and warm soapy water.
- Pressure washers can be use if has a PSI no greater than 2100 PSI while using the fan attachment and soap dispenser
- Hard water can stain the deck with mineral deposits this is not a material defect but rather a issue with the water. Vinegar makes a good cleaning solution for these hard water deposits. After using a no hard water rinse should be done. Certain cases a deck brightener product can be used.
- Remove snow with a plastic shovel avoid the metal edge model.
- Remove Ice with a rock salt Food spills need to. be removed right away with hose soppy water and soft bristle brush.
- Remove mold and mildew using soapy water and soft bristle brush.
- If working with metal, mortar, cement, concert, stucco, paint and plaster cover the decking. When these material come into contact with the decking a reaction can take place with the surface and leave permeate staining.
- Some rubber back mats contain chemicals that may discolor the decking surface.
Installation of GIT Loggie Decking:
Check the framing, make sure it corresponds to the deck pattern you are laying . Check for any high spots, remove these with the planner. Ensure that support posts are trued and secured. Make sure framing is up to your local building codes.
Use only starter clips, fasteners, screws and plugs Supplied by GIT with the Loggie decking system. These are specify designed for the system and use is required to keep your warranty
The Loggie decking Bullnose starter board is recommended for all exteriors sides. Ensure color match to the decking boards. Loggie boards are standard with reversible wood grain teak and cherry color finish. Lay a section the decking out to ensure grain and color matching. Check to make sure that edges have not been damages from handling, are free from defects, and to make sure the ends are square.
Install the GIT 1087 starter clip on the exterior premotor of the decking, spacing on 16 inch centers with the deck screw provided .Slip the 1084 solid core bullnose starter plank (bullnose side out) over the clips. Be care full to ensure that the bullnose is equal distance from the facer board and the end of the deck.
In the centre of the joist place the GIT 1086 joiner bracket in the grove of the starter plank. Screw to the joist with screws provided. Repeat over center of the joist for the length of the decking plank.
Repeat the process for the next decking plank.
Installation of Stair Treads. Repeat steps in A1
Ensure a 3/16 drainage gap between decking planking width to width
Ensure a 1/8 drainage gap end to end width for temperatures over 40 degree F and 3/16 for below 40 degree F
Ensure ½ “ to ¼ “ when butting up to solid objects
When doing patterns Joist spacing will need to be altered.
GIT Loggie decking products are covered by a 20 year limited Warranty and a 15 year warranty for commercial applications .This warranty covers defects resulting in manufacturing not insulation or normal wear and tear. Terms shall deign on the date of the original purchase and end twenty and fifteen years after for residential and commercial use . The warranty applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
The decision as to whether to replace, repair or offer cash settlement remains the sole discretion of GIT.
Exclusions to Warranty
Surface damage from metal edged shovels or tools while removing ice will cause damage to the surface possible a puncture.
Paint or other coating material are applied to the deck surface.
Improper installation or failure to comply with local building codes.
Abuse, neglect, improper storage or handling.